Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Time for a Purge

Out with the old, in with the new. Just finished boxing up 10 place settings of China, used fewer than 10 times in an 11 year period. Will be sending to my brother, who just happened to be in the market for China. Good times, and a free corner cabinet in my kitchen. I think tomorrow is the day of reckoning, where all unused/underused items will briefly see the light of day, then will be boxed up and prepared for donation or future yard sales.

I have tried over the past few days to find a place to sell my aged, but mint condition Canon EOS Rebel S camera. An SLR from the days of film, I've had this camera since the early '90s. It has served me well. However, everything is digital now. Out of four places that I requested quotes for the camera body, 2 lenses, and a flash, only two were "interested", and by "interested" I mean "not really interested." The offers were $45 and $65 for the whole kit. For that price, I'd prefer to keep it and/or donate it to a school or something.

As for what I'd like to purchase to replace it, well, I have my eye on a Canon EOS XSi: see the hotness here. I have spoken with other shutterbug friends who report, with some unease, the relative heft of DSLRs once you also have to contend with carting a lot of baby stuff around. I get this point. After all, for a weekend getaway to my parent's place we managed to completely fill my car with Emerson and her retinue of stuffed/plush accoutrement. I believe I managed to cram a pair of jeans, clean undies, and one sock where the spare tire should go.

No comments: